Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Useful Tip #4- Baking Soda and Vinegar

Now I know there are a gazillion uses for baking soda but today I'm just going to focus on one use. And this is not a tip on how to make your kid's volcano science project ooze lava!! Baking soda is not only used as a levening agent in baking but as a cleaner for many household used. My favorite use of baking soda though is to use it to clean out a smelly sink drain. This was a tip my grandma told me years ago and it's always my got to if the kitchen sink drain stars smelling funny. I normally have a box of baking soda on hand just for cleaning. I keep a smaller box seperate in my pantry for all my baking needs. When needed I just dump some of the baking soda into the kitchen sink drain and then add some regular white vinegar until it bubbles up and over. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then wash it down with some water. This should cure your stinky drain. If you have any other tips on how to clean a smelly drain please post your comments below. Happy Cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment