Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Recipe # 4- Strawberry Margarita Cheescake Trifle

This is a great recipe I got from my Pampered Chef consultant that we used at my party. I do recommend using the Pampered Chef Trifle bowl but any trifle bowl you have will do just fine. I made my own angel food cake for this. Well from a box. And when I told my grandmother this she was like "Don't you have a Betty Crocker Cookbook" which I do and she said well the recipe for it was in there! Needless to say I'll know that for next time although even though I love to bake if Kroger has an already made angel food cake for $1.99 I'm still buying it. Because it was actually cheaper than the box of mix...go figure. So anyway here's the recipe which I think you'll really like. You can omit the booze too but I used the Triple Sec and it made it that much better. Happy Cooking!!

************************************************************************************

Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake Trifle
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tub (12 oz) Cool Whip (thawed)
1 prepared Angel Food Cake (from the bakery section or prepared Pound Cake (frozen Sara Lee works well)
2 quarts fresh strawberries
3 tablespoons sugar
3 limes
Optional - 3 tbs Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
Reserve 3 larger firm strawberries for garnish
Slice remaining strawberries and place in a bowl with 3 tbs sugar and optional liquor. Set aside.
Cut cake into cubes, squeeze 1 lime over cubes & set aside.
Mix together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, sour cream vanilla. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip. Zest 1 lime w/ Micro plane Grater and fold in.
Fill Easy Accent Decorator with remaining cool whip.
Layer cake cubes, strawberries, cream cheese filling, repeat.
Garnish top with Cool Whip, strawberry slices, lime slices, add'l lime zest. Gorgeous!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to put this on my list of things to make this summer. Sounds very yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete