Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recipe #2- Apple Cole Slaw

I made this coleslaw to go as a side to the Talapia with Tomatoes and Olives. I was skeptical at first about how this would taste but it was excellent. We enjoy coleslaw during the summer and were getting tired of the creamy style and asian style that I usually make. This was a great alternative that I will surely make again! I found this recipe at www.allrecipes.com thru Google Search.

Apple Cole Slaw

3 cups chopped cabbage (I just used the store bought tri-color coleslaw mix from Dole. I used the whole bag).
1 unpeeled red apple, cored and chopped
1 unpeeled Granny smith apple, cored and chopped
1 carrot grated (I omitted this since the bagged coleslaw already has carrot in it
1/2 C finely chopped red bell pepper (I am not a big red pepper fan so I left this out).
2 green onions finely chopped
1/3 C Mayonnaise
1/3 C brown Suger
1 Tbsp lemon juice, or to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, red apple, green apple, carrot, red bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour over salad and mix completely. (Note-I ended up making a double batch of the dressing as I thought it was a little dry.It's up to you if you want to add more or not. I didn't make a full 1/3 cup of each just a couple extra tablespoons of both the mayonnaise and brown sugar and a squirt of the lemon juice).

Enjoy. If you try this please comment with your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment