Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

RECIPE #1 - Tilapia with Tomatoes & Olives

Tilapia is a nice mild white flaky fish. I'm not a big fan of fish especially if it has an overpowering flavor. Tilapia is prefect for me because it's mild. I think that this particular recipe would also be good with Mahi Mahi another great mild fish. I found this recipe on www.bioshelters.com thru Google search.

Tilapia with Tomatoes & Olives

6 Tilapia filets (I only used three as I was cooking for just the two of us)
1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil ( I omitted this and just sprayed the pan with Pam Olive Oil Cooking Spray-the topping was great w/o the oil)
4 sprigs of fresh thyme (thyme is great because it has a great lemon flavor)
3 tomatoes (I used Roma) peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/2 C coarsely chopped green olives
1/4 tsp. dried hot red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 C finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lighly oil a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the fillets in one layer. In a bowl stir together the oil (optional), thyme, tomatoes, olives, red pepper falkes, garlic, onion, and lime juice.In a prepared baking dish arrange the fillets (if they have skin-skin side down), season them with salt & pepper, then spoom the tomato mixture over them. Bake, uncovered, in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish flakes apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment