Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Useful Tip # 8- Buying Bread

Someone sent this to me a long time ago and I printed it out and have a very ratty copy of it always stored in my wallet to reference. I am one of those squeezers but if I'm not sure and can't find a "use by" date on the package then I resort to this method. Take it for what you will.
***********************************************************************

When you buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest? Many people "squeeze" for freshness or softness. Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.



Each day has a different color twist tie. They are:



Monday = Blue

Tuesday = Green

Thursday = Red

Friday = White

Saturday = Yellow



So if today was Thursday, you would want a red twist tie -- not a white tie which is Fridays (almost a week old)!



To remember the colors of the twist tie, they go alphabetically by color - Blue-Green-Red-White-Yellow, Monday through Saturday, skipping Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment